Sammy Hagar and Adam Levine Introduce Tequila-Blend, Mezquila

After making more money in the tequila business than he ever did in the music business, it’s only logical that Sammy Hagar would get back into the booze business.  There’s one difference, this time he’s launching it with a partner, Maroon 5’s Adam Levine.  In 1996 Hagar started Cabo Wabo Tequila and in 2008 sold an 80% stake for $80 million.  Two years later he sold the remaining 20% stake for $11 million.

“When we came up with that name — mezquila — the whole road opened up. We know what we’re going to do. It’s the first mezquila. We’ve invented a new product. It comes on like tequila and you smell a little bit of smoke in it, but is toned down to where you get a sweet finish. It’s taking tequila to another level. When you blend the two you get a higher spirit, a brand new taste.”  Tequila is a type of mezcal made from blue agave, while mezcal is made from other forms of the desert plant.  I just always thought mezcal was that shit-tasting bottle from Mexico with the worm in it.  Personally I drank a bottle and ate the worm.  I did hallucinate but I think that’s because I drank the entire bottle.  I digress.

Sammy Hagar and Adam Levine became friends over their shared love of tequila. One night on a beach in Cabo, Mexico, their creative juices were flowing and they combined mezcal with tequi­la, discovering a taste they could only describe as a revelation. They brought together an expert team to develop the perfect blend, and created, a higher spirit. Afterward, Jack Daniels, Marco Monroy and Infinium Spirits, true experts in the tequila world, each with decades of experience, were reunited with Sammy.

With a price tag of over $50 a bottle, the 80-proof blend will be distributed, in the 1st quarter of 2017, to select markets including Las Vegas, New York, California, Texas and Florida.

 

Facebook Comments

comments

Share